If I didn’t have to get up at 3:00 a.m. every day for work I would sleep in all day! But it turns out there are some benefits of getting up early!
I get up every morning at 3:00 a.m. and every single day I fight with the clock. Today I actually fell back asleep for almost another hour.
I certainly don’t mind waking up because I get to come into the studio, put my headphones on and talk on the radio! Seriously, that’s my job! But the best part is talking to all the listeners who are up just as early as I am and to all of you out there just know that your early rising is good for you!
Check out these benefits of waking up early.
- Well, let’s first start with health. Our bodies are designed to wake up as early as sunrise, at the very start of the day, so unless you have some strong argument against evolution, then I guess we can not argue what is healthier for your body.
- More energy throughout the day, especially in the mornings. And this is also a great reason. Ever felt lethargic after sleeping till noon? Well, if you avoid waking up late, you will experience having more energy latter in that same day. But, obviously, for this to work you will also have to start go earlier to bed than usual.
“Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise”– Benjamin Franklin.
- Statistics show that early birds are in general more fit than those who would rather spend hour or two more in bed. And it’s quite understandable due to all the benefits that come along with waking up early. Not to mention that you have more time, some of which can be used for fitness, or just some general physical activity.
- Probably the best thing that comes along with waking up early is having more time. And usually as I said that time is the most productive period of your day. Distractions are minimal (since not one of your friends is calling you, or sending you mail, or dropping by at your house etc.).Those early hours are usually some quiet time, where you either charge your batteries and organize the day ahead, or enjoy the productive surrounding and start with your projects right away.
People who get up early also tend to invest more in themselves, since they have the time and energy (as well as optimal surrounding) to do so. So we can see early risers going for a walk in the park, taking the dog out and reading the paper or some book, we can see them jogging, exercising, doing yoga, etc.
- The feel of success is present all the time. Well, you probably guess it – waking up early in the morning makes you feel better, knowing that you are doing something that is not only healthier for you, but also something that will in turn improve your life, make you more productive, and as stated many times above, successful.
Knowing these benefits, and knowing you didn’t come across this habit by a mere serendipity, will benefit you even more. Knowing why you are waking up early, gives you even more determination and willpower.